Saturday, March 16, 2013

New Stitching Chair = LOVE!

My new furniture arrived at the exact same time as my old furniture was off to its' new home.  I ordered these pieces in January and have had quite a long wait to see if what looked good in the store actually looked equally as good in my home.  I have to say it looks even better than I had hoped.  I was not sure if the paisley print would be to "loud" on a full chair but with the solid color sofa and solid color leather recliner it was the bit of life the room needs.  The chair is actually a recliner and last night was my first experience stitching in said recliner position.  I have to say it was quite comfortable.  This chair is a better height for my lighted magnifying floor lamp.  Looking forward to many more hours stitching in this chair.
As you can see, I've picked up another WIP from quite a long time back.  This is Mirabilia's #49 Gathering Eggs.  I started this piece back before my mom got ill as I thought it would remind her of growing up on the farm.  Unfortunately, when mom's illness went terminal I put it down and never seemed to be able to pick it up again with any enthusiasm.  It has been calling shouting at me the last couple of weeks so on Thursday when I finished the Jardin Prive' Rounde I pulled hunted this one down and starting stitching on it with a renewed enthusiasm.  I find myself thinking of all the stories and memories I shared with my mom and am finally able to enjoy stitching this piece again and am making remarkable progress.  I anticipate this one being my next finish.
I have not totally ignored my other stitching.  I managed to put a few more rows into this Jardin Prive' piece.  It doesn't look like much progress has been made but when stitching 1 over 1 on 25 count it doesn't show in pictures quite so quickly.

I'm still reading slogging my way through In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson.  I have loved every other book written by this author but this one is just very tedious reading in my opinion.  I am, however, thankful it is on my Kindle as I do read so much faster on my device.

Tonight we are having family movie night and the selection at this time is Life of Pi (always subject to change).  I've heard mixed reviews so am looking forward to seeing what I think of it.  I've always meant to get around to reading the book so at least I won't be disappointed because the book was better than the movie. 

I'm also hoping to cut out a couple of project bags this weekend.  I wanted to try out the lightweight leather like fabric I found and I think a project bag is just perfect.  I also picked up some more red wool to make a project bag for a friend like the one I previously posted with the crocheted heart on it.  I also would like to get to cutting out some of my Christmas fabrics into charm squares and triangles using my Go Baby I received as a gift.  I've some table runners and toppers I would like to make.  As much Christmas fabric as I have in my stash, my friends can expect to receive one.

  On the menu for supper - taco salads.  YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. Your stitching chair looks wonderful! The room seems very cozy. Looking forward to seeing your stitching progress.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....