Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Blooms!

 I thought I better post a picture quick that something is actually blooming in my yard.  Really kind of strange to still have snow on the ground but my Spring flowers are starting to bloom.  I'm hoping the tulips will be all right - I'm afraid the deer have come up the past three nights while we were sleeping and proceeded to eat the leaves down to the ground and actually pulled out and ate a couple of the tulip bulbs.  I was looking forward to a beautiful Spring display of color now not sure it will be as plentiful.

Yesterday morning while Bill was on his way to work at 5:30 AM he called to let me know there was a huge moon outside - so, of course, I grabbed my camera and went out to take a few pictures.  Nothing too exciting in that batch but when I posted the little story on Facebook it sparked my friend, Mindi into texting me last night that there was a beautiful full moon out and to go take a picture.  I'm so happy she sent that text as there was a cloud behind the moon and the light of the moon gave it such beautiful hues from blue to lilac.  I got some wonderful pictures and so worth a few minutes out in the cold after dark. I wonder if the new of this camera will every wear off.  I actually hope not as I've taken some amazing pictures of family and nature!


I've made some wonderful progress on Mirabilia - Gathering Eggs over the weekend.  However, on Monday I remembered buying an Isabelle Vautier design a few years ago and had a sudden desire to start stitching it.  This is my progress since starting it on Monday afternoon.  I'm stitching on 25 count Spun Silver and using the called for DMC colors.  I will be alternating these 2 projects for awhile until one of them gets done.  The Mirabilia is so much solid stitching that it feels like I'm moving at a snails pace so thought this Isabelle Vautier would give me something to feel like I'm making progress.  It seems to be working.

I finally passed the halfway mark reading In the Garden of Beasts.  At the rate I'm reading I'm confident I will have it finished before April's book club. 

Well, off to do a bit of stitching before the men in my life get home and supper cooking commences.  Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts....