Friday, November 21, 2014

Seasons of change....

WEATHER



We had an abrupt change of seasons here in Iowa.  According to the calendar we are not yet into winter but it sure has felt like it.  We went from the lovely green views to the winter white very quickly.  This snow was early for us and you can see the leaves are still falling from the trees.  It has been pretty cool here (others would say freezing cold) and we have had some tremendous winds.  Honestly there has not been such a thing as a good hair day here in a couple of weeks.  Oh and my hornets next - not going anywhere apparently.


HOLIDAYS

With the changing of the temperatures comes the season of the holidays.  Rapidly approaching is Thanksgiving (less than a week away) and I will be acting as hostess for the family gathering again this year.  The entire family will be together and we haven't seen everyone in one place at the same time in 2 years.  


I spent my day yesterday cleaning house (I know I should wait until after everyone leaves but I just like a clean house to start the holiday) and I am hoping to find enough time this weekend to make a table topper/runner to fit my island.  I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years as it would be so much handier than a dozen trivets out for the hot dishes.  One big runner lined and then can be tossed in the washer for clean up.  I think I will take advantage of the quilt as you go method to make it super quick and easy.  I'm think I'm just going to use a color scheme that goes with my decor rather than novelty fabrics for the occasions.  

STITCHING

There has been a bit more progress on July by Prairie Schooler and am loving the piece.  I hated to set it aside but realizing that Christmas is just a short jump from Thanksgiving I decided I better get started on my gift giving stitching.  I have fewer friends/family to make things for this year with some opting not to do exchanges in 2014.  As a couple of items were already made, I would look for a giveaway to start off 2015.
This is my start on one of the pieces.  I know the picture is not good and I had to do some editing to muddy up the picture to disguise the project.  I wouldn't want the person who will get the gift to see it beforehand - and no I'm not going to tell you who gets this one.  Surprisingly it is stitching up very quickly even though I'm stitching on 48 count at night.  I just love it!

I will get serious on my stitching/sewing for the holidays once I get through Thanksgiving.   Hmmm I wonder if one of my friends'  teenagers would want to earn a few bucks helping me get all my Christmas decor done.  I think it would be worth it!

FRIENDSHIPS

I will leave you with this poem written by an unknown author.  It is helpful when experiencing a change in a friendship.

Reason, Season, or Lifetime

When someone is in your life for a REASON, 
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. 
They come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, 
our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer your send up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They  may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it.  It is real, But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

---Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts....