I just put the last stitch in the 2013 Advent SAL piece from iStitch. I decided to start on January 1 and finish on January 24. Who knew that even with specialty stitches I would fly through this one and complete 2 days ahead of schedule.
It is stitched on a piece of 36 count natural raw linen using DMC Blanc, Cupid (CC) and Balsam Fir (CC). You can see by the paper and coin money that the finished size is not very big. It measures 2 1/8" x 11 1/2". I've been asked how I plan to finish this piece and at this moment I have no idea. I'd be happy to consider any suggestions you all have.
I mentioned previously that I was considering adding a red border to the 2014 Advent SAL piece from iStitch. I really felt I needed a color to border the white to pop it off the fabric a bit. Thanks to Harriet and Teresa for their advice. I started adding the red border yesterday and I definitely think it will help keep it from blending into the fabric so much. I must also think about a finish for this one as well.
I am starting to feel a bit like Teresa (Atwillowtreepond) with my pile of things to finish. At least Teresa does pull her pile out and actual do some finish work. She is my motivator this year. I'm thinking I will schedule myself a week of finishing in July as we know my goal list indicated I would do the finish work on Christmas ornaments by July 31.