Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fabulous Friday!

As you can see, a little trip to the Hobby Lobby resulted in the purchase of this adorable little bunny at 40% off to create a little Easter/Springy display on my dining room buffet.  I already had the beaded flower vine and added in some more of those neutral matte colored eggs.  I also included my LED candle from Where Sisters Gather as it just looked like it belonged in this display and shows it off so beautifully at night with the light it casts.  I know I've created a lovely display when my hubby says it looks nice which he did say.  

 I just couldn't resist sharing these two photos.  You see in the picture on the left we still have snow on the ground but in the picture on the right is a close up of the tulips coming through the ground that are in the upper left hand corner of the first picture.  My tulips, crocus and daffodils have all been working their way through the ground since sometime the end of January.  I think we are going to have an amazing display of color this Spring.  It started raining here overnight last night and is to continue through Sunday evening.  We desperately need the moisture here in the midwest so no one is complaining.  In fact I'm sure everyone is thankful that the temps are warm enough that it is not coming down in snow!

I had a fabulous Friday this week.  It was our monthly book club discussion and as you are aware I was to lead the discussion on Blackout by Connie Willis.  I was surprised at how well it actually went.  Sci-Fi is not a genre this book club embraces and I was so pleased at the number in the group who came up to me after and thanked me for recommending the book.  They were thinking ET takes over world and instead got historian time travelers visiting the Blitz in WWII.  They found themselves turning page after page of the book and thoroughly enjoying it.  I also received so much positive feedback on leading the discussion that my confidence in my abilities was definitely boosted.  It was great to see my good friend, Harriet and catch up with her as well as many other friends.  Such a fabulous group of women and so look forward to our monthly discussions.  For my book club friends the mini-series about Selfredge's Department Store that Murle mentioned and was in the book begins on March 31 on IPTV. It looks like it is 8 parts and will run on consecutive Sundays.

I went straight from there to meet my good friends, Belinda and Mary for lunch at On The Border Mexican Restaurant.  It was a delightful lunch filled with lots of conversation and laughs.  We've been trying to find a time when I could go with them to a scrapbooking store here in town that they love and yesterday was the day.  I have to say the store has everything you could possibly want/need for scrapbooking.  I was a bit overwhelmed at first but by my second trip around I was getting truly inspired.  In fact so inspired I figured out what to do with "queen bee".  I saw a printer's tray there which reminded me that I have one of those myself.  It is quite a large one so I went ahead and purchased one of the smaller ones at the store.  I've decided to cut my piece in a rectangle shape and mount with padding on foam core and pop it into one of the slots in the printer's tray.  I will use the same 4 colors in the queen bee to stitch some other pieces to put in the other slots and also display some other little trinkets in there as well.  I can't wait to see the results when it is all done.  I will post pictures as I work on it.  We also got to make our own little envelopes as a make and take project.  I need one of the envelope makers of my very own but alas they said they are on backorder until the end of April.  Did some looking online and apparently this is a new item and the popularity was unexpected and they sold out immediately.

We had movie night to finish off my fabulous Friday.  We rented the Intouchables and it was an absolutely delightful movie.  Only drawback is they spoke all in French and we don't know French so we had to read subtitles throughout the movie.  Still was a delightful movie.  

This morning while hubby worked Keith and I took our traditional Saturday morning trip to Rich's Brew for vanilla chai teas.  Keith thought a trip to our LNS (StitchnFrame) was in order so we made a stop.  It was a fun visit which resulted in a piece of fabric for a project as well as an idea for what I'm going to do with the "special" ceramic button I received from my dear friend, Allison for Christmas.  I can't wait to get started on it.

Tonight is date night for hubby and as I'm finally reaching the final stages of the "crud" thinking will enjoy myself.  Looking forward to dinner and a movie or two.

DON'T FORGET TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD!





1 comment:

  1. Love that bunny and your spring display! Very cheerful.

    You did such a great job leading the discussion, Lorrie! Good info on author, the book and also well done getting people involved. Your inner teacher shining through!

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....