Thursday, May 2, 2013

Where Did My Warm Weather GO?!

This fickle weather here in Iowa.  We went from cruisin' in the convertible on Monday ......
to rain, sleet and snow and blustery winds on Thursday.  I hear this is to continue through tomorrow.  In my lifetime this is the first time I can remember getting snow in May.  April yes.  May NEVER!  I'm afraid it is going to be one of those summers where we go straight from winter weather in May to hot August weather in June and stay there all summer long.
While out on our drive on Monday I took a photo of this tower located in the NW part of town.  Can you see the butterfly in the design?  This was made using thousands of small tiles in various colors.  I understand it is a sight to see at night when it is lit from the inside.  I need to take a drive out after dark some evening just to see it myself.
I'm still making progress on Be Thankful by Country Cottage Needleworks.  I've not had much time to work on it this past week but did put a few stitches in last night.  I'm thinking tonight will be a great night to stitch.
With it snowing outside it is hard for me to believe it was time to complete my entry form and pay my fee for my entries at the Iowa State Fair Fabric & Threads.  Registration opened yesterday and I like to get it done early so I don't forget.  I also ordered my discounted admission tickets.  Let's hope it is not still snowing in August - LOL!

 I ordered these little "matchbook" needle books a few days ago and received them in the mail.  Aren't they just the cutest.









I made a delicious pork chop recipe for supper last night.  Super quick and easy to put together and then into the oven for an hour.  Head on over to my cooking blog for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts....