Sunday, September 20, 2015

Recipe


I was inspired yesterday to make something different for the picnic lunch I always pack to take along to car show.  The recipe was requested for this Orzo Salad so here you go.

Orzo Salad

I cut into large pieces the following veggies

Tomatoes
Onions
Zucchini
Yellow squash
Mushrooms

I then tossed them in olive oil with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.  I placed on a parchment lined cookie sheet and roasted in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour.  Really depends on the size of your pieces how long you bake. Mine were about an inch.

I also baked for chicken thighs in the oven at 375 degrees for an hour.  I took all chicken off the bone and cut up.

I boiled 1/2 cup orzo in salted water until done and then drained off water.

In a large bowled I combined roasted veggies, chicken, orzo and feta cheese.  To this I added 1/3 cup Olive Garden Italian dressing.  I encourage you to use your favorite vinergarette dressing.

You can eat this either cold (which we did for our picnic) but feel it would be equally yummy as a hot dish.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts....