Friday, April 26, 2013

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood!

 
Woke up to an absolutely gorgeous day here in Iowa although blustery.  The temperatures were very warm, the sun was shining, birds singing and flowers blooming.  I can't look at the "hens and chickens" without thinking of this funny story from when my husband and I were dating.  His younger brother was dating a young gal who was a bit - well you'll figure it out when you hear the story.  We were visiting my hubby's grandmother and were out back where she was showing us her hens and chickens.  The young gal thought they were a neat looking plant.  Hubby's grandmother asked if she would like to take some hens and chickens home (can you see where this is going?).  She thought about it for a couple of minutes and responded she better not as she didn't think her mother would let her have any pets.  Thought that might make you smile.

I was pleased to receive a call yesterday from the frame shop that they had finished framing my Isabelle Vautier piece.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  This is such an unusual frame.  They actually have it in several colors and I have been waiting for the right piece to come along to use one of the colors.  The frame color and the dark rose floss are a perfect match.  As the overall size is so small, I think I will display on an easel on a table top.

I've also made some progress on Be Thankful by Country Cottage Needleworks.  I had to do a bit of "frogging" and change a color but am back to making progress.  I'm stitching this on a 25 count over 1 piece of fabric called Dense Fog.  The flower color was an off white and just would not show up on the fabric at all.  I decided I was not going to go down the same path as Beauty in Simplicity where I changed the house color like 16 times before I found one so opted to pick a Fall orange color that would definitely show up.  I actually like it better than the whitish color so it is all good.

Like the rest of you with Google Reader shutting down I've been trying to decide what my solution will be to keep up on everyone's blogs.  I put them all on my Flipboard App and this is working out pretty well but came across this Blogshelf app today I think I might like better.  I've subscribed to a dozen of the blogs I follow to give it a test drive to see what I think  I'll keep you posted.

Made a new recipe this week called Bacon Egg Spaghetti.  You wouldn't think it but it was delicious.  Head on over to my cooking blog to check it out.  A Stitcher's Snippets Cooking.



1 comment:

Love to hear your thoughts....