Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Pickup At The Framers!


Today Bill had a rare Saturday off so we enjoyed a trip to our favorite coffee shop (Rich's Brew) for vanilla chai teas and then it was off to Stitch n Frame to pick up my completed Country Cottage Needleworks Be Thankful.  The picture does not do it justice and will try for better pictures when it is not so cloudy.  I couldn't be happier with it.  I love that Vicki still takes the time to pin the piece on the foam core so it is absolutely straight and perfectly mounted - no lacing that can loosen over time.  Every piece I've ever had framed here stands the test of time and is as tight and perfect as the day I brought it home.
With the 4th of July fast approaching I've started my decorating for the holiday.  I took a couple of patriotic pieces I found at different locations and put them together to create one decorative piece to welcome you to our home.
I recently purchased this pattern from Spirit of "76 Designs and am looking forward to using some of my patriotic stash on it.  Unfortunately, it will not be ready for this 4th of July.  

My BFF and I went to our 35th high school reunion last night.  I have to say considering our graduating class numbered 574 I was a bit surprised by the small turnout especially when you consider most of those in attendance had a spouse in tow.  My BFF did see several people she knew from high school but I only saw one.  He was someone I went to school with from 2nd grade through graduation and lived down the street from me growing up.  It was nice to catch up and hear what the others parents and siblings were up to.  I have to say I didn't expect to see anyone I knew.

Well, time to get ready for date night!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice frame choice!
    Love your porch...so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching and framing.
    Like Peggy Lee I love your porch.
    Have a good week (:

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....