Monday, October 14, 2013

This One Is For Teresa!

I just wanted to do a quick blog post to share a couple of things that were not spotlighted on my last blog post and should have been.  I'm going to blame it on the fact that I tried to get so much in one post that a few things slipped my mind (there were others).   

Last Christmas Teresa (http://atwillowtreepond.blogspot.com) and I did an Advent Exchange for the holiday and included in my gifts from her were the ornament you see hanging on my witch's hat along with this gorgeous Fall box she made.  I love them both and have been looking forward to being able to display them in the appropriate season.  The box actually came out the end of August to display with her childhood tea set she gifted to me as I could wait no longer.  They are amazing Fall pieces and should have been given more attention last post.  Teresa, you will be happy to hear both items were ooh(ed) and aah(ed) over at book club.  In fact I thought I might have to check the hand bag of a fellow collector of tea sets before she left she was so taken with the tea set and the box.  

One other thing I forgot was to share Miss Peeper's after she was picked up from the framer in August.  They had just enough of this discontinued moulding to frame her and think it was the perfect choice for this piece.  I'm glad I decided to backstitch around the book pages or they would have been lost in the fabric.









2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when I saw the title of your post :)
    Gosh everything looks so cute! I'll bet that tea set is collectible. After all I'm "officially" an antique :)

    Did I tell you it was so hard to part with the BBD ornament? My daughter's initials are also LS. But it was made with you in mind and I think you appreciate my efforts more. Shhhhh....... don't tell her I said so.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....