Saturday, January 12, 2013

Will They Ever All Be Healthy Again!

I'm beginning to think that I will never see everyone healthy at the same time in this house.  Since the day after Christmas one of the two guys has been sick with cold/flu like symptoms.  Keith came home again yesterday with a drippy nose.  Honestly think Keith's is more of the common cold but I'm sure Bill had the flu.  He ended up being off work for a week.  I'm sure his co-workers were relieved he was not spreading it around there and were happy he stayed home.  I've had a couple of days in there I thought "OH NO" but I have somehow (knock on wood) managed to keep it at bay.  Good thing too as there is no me to take care of me - LOL!

My Favorite
We have had an unusual thing happen this year where we have a HUGE population (I've heard the count of at least 38 but looks like more) of Bald Eagles hanging at the Des Moines River just a quick 10 minute drive from my house.  I've already been down there twice with camera in hand to take a few photos.  I did get a few really good pictures but in honesty all you want to do is stand there and watch them in all their majesty.  They truly are an amazing sight to see.  These are just a couple of my favorite pictures.  For those who are friends on Facebook I have an album of photos to see.  After lunch today will be bundling up to go down and see them as Bill and Keith have yet to see them.

I managed to make the quilt called Bits & Pieces out of all the cowboy/western themed flannels that Teresa (At Willow Tree Pond) gifted me in the Advent Exchange.  Between Keith's insistence that he wanted the quilt right now and Teresa's gift I tried and succeeded in a skill I didn't think I could do.  I thought I was not talented enough to take different shapes squares, rectangles and sew into blocks and then sew blocks into quilt.  I am so thrilled with how the quilt turned out and I can't wait to try my hand at it again.  Next quilt will be for me.  How much Keith loves this quilt is evident from the picture and how much joy it brought me to see that look on his face - words can't describe.  Thanks, Teresa, for thinking of Keith during this exchange.  He sleeps with this quilt every night!

I also sat down the other night and stitched up a Lizzie Kate scissor fob that was also a gift from the Advent Exchange from Teresa.  I stitch so few things on 28 count I forgot how fast I stitch on it.  I don't even have to use my magnifiers when stitching on 28 count.  It will come as no surprise to those who know me that my favorite color is blue so I changed the Winter from green to blue and then used a lighter blue for the swirl off the wreath.  Just couldn't help myself.  Now all that is left is to make it into the fob.  I bought red ribbon to make the rusching but am now thinking I want to visit the fabric store and have another look at ribbons.  I might want something in a multi-color blue with Spring green.  The picture of the finished piece does show they used a multi-color ribbon.  If anyone is interested in the pattern now that I'm done with it, let me know.  I have two more Christmas gift exchanges yet to do.  I can't wait to do my exchange so I can share the entire photo with you but until then all you get is this snippet.  

Book club was yesterday but never did even get the book opened up to read.  I, however, was a co-hostess so I attended bringing mini cinnamon rolls and a breakfast casserole you make in the crockpot.  It worked out beautifully in the crockpot as the casserole was still warm for serving.  I will be leading a discussion in March and unfortunately the book I picked does not have much available as far as discussion questions, etc.  I've done some reading on how to get the discussion going when you don't have questions and have kind of settled on a path to take.  I decided to purchase the book on audio so I can listen to it a couple of times before I have to lead the discussion and I write notes in my copy of the book (yes I'm defacing my book) as I go along so I am hopeful for a successful discussion.

Tonight was supposed to be respite night but provider is also sick so we will be spending an evening in a warm cozy house.  We rented the movie Trouble With The Curve last night and enjoyed it.  I do have Salmon Fishing in Yemen rented but not sure Bill will enjoy so will look and see what else iTunes has available for renting tonight.  

Until next time....


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about no one to take care of you. :) Thanks for sharing the eagle pictures. Definitely not a bird I have seen very often. What a pretty quilt - he looks very cozy with it. :) Love your scissor fob too!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....