Friday, February 1, 2013

A New Project at Hand!

Today we are experiencing cold temperatures that we have not experienced here in a couple of years.  When I got up at 4:45 AM this morning, it was -20 with wind chills.  The kind of temps they warn you not to stay out and expose your skin to for more than 10 minutes.  I thought it best to dress in a couple of layers (t-shirt, sweatshirt) and wear my warm coat today while out running errands.  BIG OLD FAT WRONG ON THAT ONE!  In less than an hour I was having to crack my window to keep from melting.  The one thing I find so interesting on these extreme cold temperature days is how clear the air.  The moon was out this morning while waiting to put Keith on his bus and I just couldn't resist snapping a photo as it was so bright and clear in the sky.  You can see so much detail and the color of blue in the sky is my favorite shade of blue. 
I've made a bit of progress on Birds of a Feather (Mystery Sampler) by With Thy Needle.  Kind of wish I had changed the color of the flower as I find it a bit dull.  Oh well, not going to take it out so it will remain as it is stitched.  I can't wait to show you what I'm going to create with the items in this picture.  All I will say right now is it all started with a pattern I saw for something crocheted!  As soon as I saw it, an idea popped into my head on what I wanted to make with it.  I think this is my project for while the Super Bowl is on.  Fan of football - NOT!
 
I caught a rerun of the movie The Women on t.v. the other night.  It stars Meg Ryan, Annette Benning, Debra Messing and Jada Pinkett Smith.  I got to the end of the movie and realized there was NOT ONE MAN in the entire movie.  In fact, as I had recorded it on the DVR I watched it a second time as I thought surely in the background on the walking on the street scenes, in the restaurant scenes, garden party scene, store screen - somewhere there had to be a man.  NOPE!  I did not see one in the entire movie.  Interesting and on purpose you would think!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts....