Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Latest Creation!

I just couldn't wait to share my latest creation - a project bag.  It was inspired by a crocheted heart I saw on Donna 's (bythebayneedleart) blog.  She has provided an excellent tutorial on how to make them.  Her hearts have flowers on them but I don't have this skill.  I chose instead to cut out some felt leaves and put one of my red vintage buttons in the center as my flower.  As soon as I saw the heart, I envisioned a project bag made out of red, lined with fabric, zippered at the top with handles.  I purchased red wool and lined it with a fabric by French General.  I made the entire bag in a couple of hours and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.  

You just never know what will give you that spark of inspiration!



3 comments:

  1. Stunning! Of course I love the red but also the inside fabric is wonderful! And what a great idea to use a vintage button. But now what will your Super Bowl project be?

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really love that bag, especially the handles.
    Did I mention that my birthday is on Halloween? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know when your birthday is and if that is what you want it makes gift giving so much easier. Long time to have to wit for it though.

      Delete

Love to hear your thoughts....