|First attempt on left - second on right|
Instead I found some unclear instructions for making a round bowl so pulled out some fabric to give it a go. My first hurdle - figuring out how to adhere the double sided fusible to the "left" side. I will admit to being a bit slow when I started this project and then the light bulb went off that "left" side was the same as "wrong" side. It seemed like it could only go up from there. I managed to make all my markings, cut outs and started my zigzag sewing. It really was going pretty well right up until I started zigzagging my cut outs together. It was a little tricky there but by the last seam up the side of the bowl (there were 8) I had figured out how to
manhandle maneuver the fabric to get a nicer seam. Whew!
As always, my first attempt is my test project and I make adjustments based on my
disasters difficulties. I did go ahead and make a second bowl and am so much happier with the results. I cut the size down a bit and my cut outs came together so much nicer. The cool thing is the bowl is reversible.
Onward to vintage hankies!