Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Couldn't Resist!


I saw this adorable welcome sign and just couldn't resist picking it up this morning.  First day of Spring here is very cold and blustery.  I'm afraid my Spring decorations look a bit out of place with the cold and snow that is left but Easter is rapidly approaching so will miss out if I don't just go ahead and decorate.  If only Mother Nature would get the hint, warmer weather please!
I managed another couple of hours stitching last night and am making excellent progress on Mirabilia's #49 Gathering Eggs.  I'm looking forward to getting the sky finished and to start stitching the little girls holding the basket and flowers.

Speaking of flowers have you seen the new release by Donna at By The Bay Needleart called Les Fleurs Chics.  You should check it out.  It is a vase of flowers and I love how some of it is stitched and some of it is wool flowers.  She does give instructions for it to be all stitched but I love the unique quality of having the wool flowers.  Definitely going on my wish list and hope hubby is paying attention for my birthday or maybe Mother's Day as that comes up first.  Think I should send him a link just to be sure.

I had a wonderful lunch with my BFF, Rene' today to celebrate her birthday.  The hour went by way too fast and before you knew it she had to go back to work.  Already have next month's lunch date on the calendar.  We have found that scheduling the next lunch date keeps us from letting too much time pass between seeing each other.  She also shared a new recipe for making sloppy joes using lentils for a vegetarian version.  Looking forward to trying this recipes.

Started reading a new book yesterday A Secret Kept by Tatiana De Rosnay.  I know I'm supposed to be reading In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson for book club and to that end I am 30% of the way through it - love how my Kindle tell me just how far I am through the book.  However, decided I needed to start reading something besides book club books if I'm going to have something to recommend for next year at our May meeting.  I'm finding I cannot put this one down right now.  Don't know yet if it would make a good discussion book.

1 comment:

  1. Cute welcome sign - the weather has started getting warm here, some of my orchids have started flowering - I am really in the mood for stitching a bunny, lol! Donna from by the bay needlart does design some fabulous flowers, so bright and colourful. Your Mirabilia piece is coming along nicely. hugs, Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....