Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's Been One of Those Days!

I've been up since 4:00 AM this morning and from there on the day has been "one of those days".  I won't bore you with all the details except to tell you the LOL story.  If I would have had anyone in the car with me, I would never hear the end of it.  After my dental appointment I needed to go to my LNS to take a couple items for framing.  As my favorite coffee shop is not far away and needed to kill 15 minutes for the LNS to open,  I decided to get a vanilla chai tea to go.  Normally this isn't an issue but today when I was on my way home and about 5 miles away I decide to take a drink.  At that exact moment a leftover cough from the cold I had decides to erupt.  I'm doing all I can not to spew out my chai tea by keeping my mouth closed and swallowing but all that accomplishes is choking on my tea and more coughing.  Suffice it to say at this point vanilla chai tea spews all over my steering wheel, dashboard, instrument panel, mirror - just everywhere.  By the time I got home it was all sticky mess myself included.  First order of business upon arriving home was a wet rag to clean up my car.  It took two tries at it before I feel I finally got it all cleaned up.  My lemonade out of lemons - my car sure does smell delicious!
This is my finished Jardine Prive' piece I was going to have mounted in the Sudberry box.  Unfortunately, when I got to my LNS found out we had mixed up the diameter of 2 Sudberry pieces.  The box was only 4" and my piece has a diameter of 4 1/2".  My lemonade out of lemons - I am having it mounted in the 5" diameter cheese board that is as old as the Sudberry box and is again a unique piece.  I have now decided to stitch Merry Winter by Threadwork Primitives for the box.  

While I was there I decided to take in my finished BBD Easter parade.  I chose this dark purple frame for this piece.  The picture with the frame does not show the true colors of the fabric as it is stitched on Lavender Sunset.  The picture on the right is closer to the true color although it still doesn't show it off to its' best.

I wish I had pictures to show of Belinda and my masterpieces from paint class yesterday but 10 minutes before I was to leave I received an email that class was cancelled as the instructor could not get there.  It was a huge disappointment.   We do, however, have a road trip in the works for June to Accuquilt which is located in Omaha.  She was so thoughtful to invite myself and a couple of other friends to the unveiling of the 4th Annual Accuquilt Barn Quilt Block winner.  It sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to start off the Summer. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts....