Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Trip to LNS!

This Saturday morning's usual trip to Rich's Brew for chai teas was especially nice as hubby did not have to work for a change and joined my son and I.  What a treat it was not to have to get up at 5:30 AM on a Saturday.  We did take the Camaro but is still a bit too chilly to put the top down much to my son and hubby's disappointment.  Me - it just gives a bad hair day - LOL!

We then headed to the local LNS to pick up my Jardine Prive' Ronde de Fleurs which was being mounted into their one and only cheese tray (they've had this one for several years and it cannot be reordered).  It really turned out quite lovely and am so happy Vicki pulled the cheese tray out of the cupboard to show me several weeks ago!
I'm continuing to make progress on my Isabelle Vautier piece.  Amazing what the backstitching of the wings does for this piece. I'm hoping to have it done by next weekend so it can go off for framing.  I do have a frame in mind but what I have in mind is not always what I end up with.  
 I started a new piece by Country Cottage Needleworks called Be Thankful.  I am stitching it on a 25 count fabric called Dense Fog.  I have changed some of the colors to what you see on the fabric as I don't like the white pumpkins.  There is a frame I've been wanting to use for a couple of years and it will be perfect for this piece.
I also have three new overdyed fabrics.  They don't have color names as yet as they may or may not be part of my friend's permanent line.  It works either way for me as she always lets me buy her first test pieces if I want them.  I wanted them!  

I had a wonderfully relaxing day Friday as my friends, Mary and Belinda wanted to get together for some retail therapy and lunch.  It was my turn to choose so we met in Historic Valley Junction at the quilt shop.  After purchasing a few wants we then walked down to the Tavern - a pizza place that has been there as long as I can remember - for a lovely lunch.  Of course, we then needed to walk off our lunch by walking through several more lovely shops and yes purchases were made!

Last night was movie night at home for us.  Our movie pick last night was Lincoln.  It was 2 hr 29 min long.  I can see why Daniel Day Lewis won the Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of Lincoln.  You know he did excellent work when you actually see Lincoln and not the actor playing Lincoln.  Overall we felt the movie was just okay.  I think this was one of those instances where we had heard so much about it and the movie itself just didn't live up to all we had heard.  It is not a date night tonight so maybe we'll have to see if there is another movie for another movie night.

It appears I not only have start-itis with my cross stitch but with my books as well.  Now that I finally finished my book club selection for April I am currently reading 3 books at once.  Whoops - make that 4!  Shoemaker's Wife by AdrianaTrigiani; Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain; The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do by Charles Duhigg; and Gwenhwyfar The White Spirit by Mercedes Lackey.  Quiet and The Power of Habit are both Psychology books and of the two I am finding the book about habits more interesting.

Recently I found out a lovely woman I met through her business is experiencing some medical challenges.  It reminds how much we friends lift one another during challenges with our prayers, kind words and deeds.  When I started blogging, I used to include a quote/inspiration at the end of each blog post and I came across this one and decided to share.

Anonymous Encouragement Poem:

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns, 
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow-
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."

-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts....