Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Can Still Find the Beauty in a Frigid Cold Morning!

It is a bitterly cold day here in Iowa as you can see by the lock on the inside of my storm door - YES I said inside the storm door.  Wind chills again put temperatures in the -25 to -30 degree range again.  Lots of schools including my son's vocational workshop were running late just to allow time to get the buses started this morning.  
After hubby and son were both gone for the day I again brought my camera out to capture some of the beauty of one of these bitterly cold mornings.  I even found a little natural rainbow coloring in the frosty ice crystals on the glass. 
I managed a trip to my local stitch shop (StitchnFrame) yesterday and spent some quality time with Vicki and Cheri.  Their last newsletter featured among other things a design by Maggie Bonanomi called Fond Hearts which motivated me to pull my copy from my stash and head to the shop to pick out threads and fabric.  Those of you who know me well will not be surprised to hear I changed every single color as well as the fabric used for this one.  These are the colors I've chosen to stitch with along with the fabric.  Photo is not giving a very good representation of the color in the fabric as there is a soft green as the overdye base.  I'll try for better pictures later.
I also walked out of there with 3 older patterns as well that I can't wait to start stitching.  I've pulled all the DMC threads and am ready to select fabrics from my stash to stitch them on.
When I find time to stitch, I am making excellent progress on One Soul One Earth by Primitive Hare.  I laugh at myself today as I had thought I could finish it up last night in the time I had to stitch.  Well you know how it goes you don't factor in things like getting son a drink of water, tucking son in for the night, putting on pajamas, getting distracted by show on tv, looking up things on iPad for hubby, and so on and so on.  Let's just say I always think I can get more done that I have time for.

I read a few blogs last night and was thrilled to see several ladies doing what I did last year which was stitching as much as possible from my stash.  I won't say that I didn't make a few purchases over the year but actually was very successful in my desire to use my stash.  I am really focusing again this year on stitching up several of my smaller stash projects and using up threads and fabrics in my stash whenever possible.  I saw on one blog where someone has actually created a group called "Stitch from Stash Challenge 2014".  I was a very small individual group last year although my dear friend, Mary decided to keep me company and it became a group of two.

Well, time for the guys to start arriving home so off I go.  I put together a manicotti for supper tonight and it is ready to pop in the oven.  YUMMY!



1 comment:

  1. Stay warm, Lorrie. It is in the 40's today. No snow on the ground, no rain, sun is shining. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....