Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Quick Update!

Picked up my new ride this past Friday.  I just love it!  I was going to try and select the DMC color that closely matched the color but in the sun it looks coppery (due to metallic flecks) and in the shade it looks chocolate brown.  The gearshift is a new type that is spring loaded so it stays in the exact same spot all the time.  Even after several days it feels really strange to use.  Everything is controlled by a touch screen which takes some getting used to but I've figured it out for the most part.  I went online and downloaded a PDF of the entire owner's manual and started reading it which helps a lot.   


 Keith is absolutely in love with the fact that the back of each seat has a DVD player to watch.  I wish you all could have experienced seeing his absolute delight when we arrived at the car dealership to pick it up and he spotted it.  It was priceless!

He also enjoys that it has double sunroof so he can sit and watch the clouds in the sky while driving down the road.

Bill already put on my new vinyl cross stitch decal really making it my own!




I'm moving right along on the SAL by Nathalie called Le Pensee' Positive.  I am just about to finish Part 2 of 5.  I'm really happy that I pulled the thread colors I used in Sampler aux Bouquet as I really do like the darker pinks and blues.  I'm just not a pastel kind of gal.

 Lastly as I've run out of time for today I've pulled the colors for Hip Hop Easter by Nathalie of The Blue Attic.    I will be stopping in at my local needlework shop tomorrow for a visit so think I will be picking out my fabric for it at that time.

Oh, oh one more thing.  Have you all seen the new magazine (BLOCK)  to be published by the Missouri Star Quilt Co. on a bimonthly basis?!  I have subscribed already.  The price is very reasonable and I love their tutorials so thinking a magazine full of patterns from them will be absolute bliss!



3 comments:

  1. Love the color of your new ride!
    They sure have come a long way since the crank down windows, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorrie !!!
    Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I also love the colors you have chose ...
    Very nice pattern !
    Have a great day !!!
    LOVE
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....