Saturday, December 13, 2014

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM MY HOUSE TO YOURS!

   I wish all my family and friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Maybe Christmas, the Grinch said, doesn't come from a store - Dr. Seuss.

I know it seems early to be wishing you all holiday greetings through the new year but that ugly "C" word (cancer) has reared its' ugly head in our family and we just never know what each day is going to bring.  I hope you will all join me in my prayers for my father who has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

I want to thank my BFF's (Beautiful Friends Forever) who have been so understanding of late when I don't have time to call, stop by, return letters, or schedule lunches.  I appreciate your love, understanding and support.  You understand in times of family crisis there just isn't always time or energy.  I love you all dearly!

 I finally managed last Saturday to quickly put up our Christmas tree and I do mean quickly.  I was finished in a couple of hours this year as opposed to the usual 6.  This year I didn't have to string the tree with lights which shaved hours off the decorating process.  I also did not put all the ornaments on  this year.
This is my favorite ornament I own.  It was purchased on a trip to the Tacoma Dome many years ago with my dear friend, Wendie.  It was the biggest holiday bazaar I had ever been too and it was overwhelming to say the least.  I chose one special ornament to purchase and it was quite a splurge for just the one.  It is a day I treasure the memory of with my friend who lives so very far away.

These are just a few of many of the other ornaments that I love to put on our tree.

Yes - I still seem to be able to add an ice skate ornament each year that is different from any I currently own.

The angel wings are in memory of my mom.



I am still working on Christmas gifts and am plodding along fairly well.  I managed to take all of this fabric.


Pieced it together into 14 projects.


Added batting and a backing and quilted them all.  Now I am ready to start my binding on them all.  I must work quickly in order to make shipping deadlines. 


I signed up for the Christmas SAL with Carol at iStitch and up until last night I had managed to stitch each day's design on the day.  An unexpected and particularly long day at the hospital with my dad left me too exhausted both emotionally and physically to pick up the needle.  Tonight I hope to stitch days 12 and 13.  Wish me luck!  It has been nice to have a surprise waiting in my email in the morning when I get up and to complete stitching it by the end of the day.  Looking forward to getting caught up tonight.


I was doing some Christmas shopping the other day and happened upon this adorable bird sitting on spool with needle and thread.  Well at 50% off I just couldn't leave it on the shelf so home it came.


I've been wanting this book for quite some time and it finally popped up on Amazon in the United States at a reasonable price a couple of months ago.  I received it very quickly even coming from overseas and have enjoyed a very quick look through it.  I am looking forward to when I have a bit more time to really check out the projects and how they are constructed.  I get to use my crochet hooks on some of the projects.

I will try my best to post again before the end of the year with some completed projects but if I don't make it back before 2015 -

I wish you all Peace and Joy!



2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Lorrie! Your father will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just happened across your blog via Teresa's, and wanted to say I will say a prayer that your father gets through the cancer treatment with good results! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts....